The Content Marketing Project Manager will primarily be responsible for managing custom and integrated media projects from start to finish. The Content Marketing Project Manager is integral to growing integrated media buys by ensuring the company provides high quality products, packages and services will help to drive renewals and incremental sales to existing customers. The Project Manager is tasked with developing the content voice and message for a variety of platforms across all corporate brands and then conveying those standards to content producers, including writers, editors and designers. In some cases, this position requires content production as well. This role ensures that content is created in line with our clients’ brand standards and high expectations, on time and under budget. The ideal candidate can juggle multiple projects at a time, knows how to create exceptional content and works well with teams both internally and externally. The Content Marketing Project Manager will exercise both sides of the brain, guiding the creation of content and analyzing the success of those campaigns.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Building strong working internal relationships: Develop positive working relationships with fellow content marketing producers and other in the content marketing, marketing, sales, editorial and other NCM departments. Part of the project management position will involve assigning projects to other content marketing producers and making sure projects are fulfilled and completed on time and up to our standards.
Building client relationships: Develop positive relationships with clients and serve as main point of contact for client projects where you are the point of contact or success manager.
Product development: Strategize with VP, Marketing on ways to increase revenue or efficiencies with the goal to drive profitability in the department.
Produce or participate in client content creation. Help create client content including writing/editing print advertorials and multimedia campaigns consisting of web sponsored content, social media posts/campaigns, video editing and/or other marketing assets.
- Managing freelancer budget: Using assigned budget, find, hire and manage the work of outside contractors in a variety of roles, from writing to graphic design and video production.
- Scheduling and tracking: Create project schedules and assign responsibilities to freelancers, staffers, agencies and client staffs and hold parties to deadlines.
Knowing client businesses better than anyone: Develop a strong working knowledge of clients’ businesses with the goal of crafting the best content.
Setting standards: Establish best practices for audience retention and hold content creators to those standards by thoroughly editing their work and providing timely feedback. Continue to loop in brand editors regularly for feedback.
- Data-backed decision-making: Develop short-term and long-term content strategies to meet client and corporate goals and utilizing the data.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, communications, or related field.
5 years’ experience in the content marketing field required preferably for handling multiple clients projects at a time.
- Customer service and/or sales support, organization, and extreme attention to detail a must.
- Proven interviewing and interpersonal skills.
Background in a wide variety of writing styles is required, including marketing
educational content, social media, web copy, magazine features, white papers, and infographics.
- Knowledgeable in Adobe Creative Suite and social media platforms.
Familiarity with content management systems, namely WordPress.
Experience with Trello (project management tool) a plus.