Coordinates editorial, art and production workflow to support production of a quality magazine on deadline. Copyedits and approves page layouts. Upholds the magazine’s standards and policies, ensuring the publication is factual and grammatically correct. Assists in coordinating the efforts of freelance and staff. Attends industry events and serves as an ambassador of the magazine within the industry. Regularly writes for assigned publications, producing feature articles and supporting magazine departments. Regularly supports the magazine’s digital components.
• Identifies news and product trends the magazine should address and develops story ideas based on field contacts
• Writes and edits copy
• Oversees production of the magazine
• Participates in planning meetings prior to production of each magazine issue
• Attends and covers industry-related trade shows and events, and visits with readers to produce exclusive content for the magazine
• Regularly confers with the editor-in-chief to develop strategies, plan production, develop budgets, and discuss content and project opportunities
• Meets reader and advertiser needs while working in partnership with sales staff to maintain editorial integrity
• Assists in the article acquisition process by regularly corresponding with authors and others interested in contributing articles
• Conducts reader and industry research and surveys
• Performs additional duties as assigned
• Must have a high degree of interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as writing, editing, interviewing and managerial skills.
• Four-year degree in journalism, English, communications or other relevant field or commensurate experience preferred
• Three to five years of relevant journalism/writing experience preferred
• Demonstrates organizational and project management skills, including the ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment