Cleveland, OH — June 6, 2017 — North Coast Media (NCM) is pleased to announce that Golfdom, Landscape Management, and Pest Management Professional were recent winners in the American Society of Business Publication Editors’ (ASBPE) Azbee awards program, with one national award and 13 regional awards. NCM is also proud to share that digital media content producer Allison Barwacz was named a Young Leaders Scholarship winner.
The Azbee awards recognize the exceptional work of magazines, newsletters and digital media in the business-to-business and professional publication industries. According to asbpe.org, more than 1,200 entries were submitted in 76 different categories.
“We continue to provide the best possible content and design on each platform we use to connect with readers. Having the hard work of our staff recognized is very rewarding and well-deserved,” said Kevin Stoltman, NCM president and CEO.
NCM’s regional and national Azbee award winners include:
Golfdom, a magazine that focuses on news and information for businesses and individuals who manage and maintain golf courses, won:
- Regional Gold, Company Profile-Print, “Game On,” Seth Jones
- Regional Silver, Individual Profile-Print, “The Admiral of Ultradwarfs,” Seth Jones
Landscape Management, a magazine that focuses on news and information for landscape contractors, won:
- National Gold, Social Media Presence-Online, “Landscape Management Social Media Presence,” for Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Instagram, Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Kelly Limpert
- Regional Gold, Front Cover-Design, “LM October Cover,” Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Gold, Special Supplement-Print, “LM150 2016,” Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Silver, Magazine Design, “LM October and November,” Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Silver, Case History-Print, “Stronger Than Ever, November 2016 Cover Story,” Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Silver, General Interest Feature Article-Print, “Employer of Choice, March 2016 Cover Story,” Marisa Palmieri, Dillon Stewart and Tracie Martinez
Pest Management Professional, a magazine that provides its readers with the most recent news and insights in the pest control industry, won:
- Regional Gold, Front Cover-Illustration, “Ante Up for 2017,” Tracie Martinez and Courtney Townsend
- Regional Silver, Special Supplement-Print, “Bed Bug Lock Down,” Marty Whitford and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Silver, Feature Article Design, “Driving the Bottom Line,” Tracie Martinez and Courtney Townsend
- Regional Bronze, Humorous/Fun Department-Print, “Photo Finish,” Heather Gooch and Tracie Martinez
- Regional Bronze, Special Supplement-Print, Diane Sofranec, “Ant Wars,” Marty Whitford, Heather Gooch, Will Nepper and Tracie Martinez
Barwacz represented NCM at the ASBPE National Conference and Awards of Excellence Banquet recently in St. Petersburg, Florida, where she was recognized as one of five of the country’s top business editors under 30.
About North Coast Media
North Coast Media, LLC (NCM) is the largest B2B publishing company headquartered in Cleveland. NCM’s flagship brands include LP Gas, Pit & Quarry, GPS World, Pest Management Professional, Landscape Management, and Golfdom. Ancillary brands include Portable Plants & Equipment, Geospatial Solutions, Athletic Turf News and Truman’s Scientific Guide to Pest Management Operations, and a host of other leading industry reference books.